Please arrive 5 minutes in advance of your scheduled facial or waxing services (arrive 15 minutes in advance if this is your first appointment). If you have a scheduled spa body treatment, you may want to arrive 30 minutes in advance, to enjoy the spa facilities. If you are running late, for your appointment, please notify us of the delay and we will do our best to accommodate you. In consideration of clients’ schedules, all service visits shall conclude on-time (please understand that if you arrive late, your service shall finish at the previously scheduled time)
To maintain the spa facility's tranquil environment, we respectfully ask that all cellular phones and pagers be on silent mode and that voices be kept down to a minimum level, as a courtesy to our spa guests, the use of cameras or cell phone cameras is NOT permitted in any area of the SPA.
To receive the maximum benefit from your massage or body treatment, we recommend wearing the minimum amount of clothing, as long as you are comfortable. Undergarments are optional in treatment rooms. Robes or wraps should be worn in public areas.
Raya Day Spa accepts the following methods of payment: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Personal/Business/Travelers Checks, Cash, Raya Spa Gift Certificates, Yelp Gift Certificates. Gift Cards/Certificates must be presented at the time of service and cannot be "traced" if lost (they are used as cash). Gift Cards are not Transferable to any party.
A gratuity is not included in the price of your service. In appreciation of outstanding service, spa gratuities are appreciated, but are completely at your discretion and are not required or expected.
Because Spa Services require bare skin and freedom to move, we recommend not wearing jewelry to the Spa. Raya Day Spa can not be held responsible for lost or stolen articles. Although lockers are provided for body treatment services, please do not bring valuables to the Spa.
To enhance the quiet and relaxing environment of our Spa, and for health and safety reasons, children under the age of 12 are not permitted in any Spa service area. Raya Day Spa personnel can not be responsible for supervising children in the lobby or any other area of the Spa.
As a health and Safety precaution, pets or other animals (other than certified guide dogs) are not permitted on the premises.
Outside Food and Beverages are not permitted on the premises.
Raya Day Spa supports a zero tolerance policy for illicit, illegal or inappropriate acts or behavior. Raya Day Spa supports local police by allowing periodic services inspection to insure professional integrity and client safety.
Please Be Advised
Your comfort and well being are important to us, please inform us if you are pregnant or if you have any special
medical condition such as hypertension, allergies or disabilities to ensure maximum safety, benefits and enjoyment.
- To prevent skin irritation men should shave in advance, but not immediately before a facial.
- Before waxing, hair should be at least 1/4 " long.
- Avoid swimming and the sun immediately waxing and please wear sunscreen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyper-pigmentation if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid heavy exercise (and tight clothing, if you are prone to in-grown hairs) for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofahs for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
- Shaving immediately before body scrubs or wrap treatments is not recommended.
- Eating immediately prior to massage is not recommended.
- Please make sure to inform your therapist if you are suffering from any medical or skin condition, or using any skin sensitizing medications (ex. Accutane, Retina-A, etc.). Warning: Having facials while on medication (ex. Retin A, Renova, prescription strength Glycolic Acid, Accutane, etc.), using drugs or having pre-existing medical skin conditions may cause a severe reaction and/or damage to your skin.
- Clients with active skin sensitivities (ex. Rosacea, Eczema, Open Wounds/Lesions, etc.) should not be waxing.
- We do not recommend any abrasive/exfoliating treatment or facial waxing for an average of 1 week following Micro-dermabrasion or Glycolic Peels.
- Irritation or allergy is possible with any new skin care procedure or product.
- If you have an event planned, please be informed that some redness and/or sensitivity of the skin may be expected for an average of 3-5 days (depending on skin type) after facials treatments.
- We do not perform prenatal massage.
- We do not perform custom bikini waxes on pregnant women or on men.